Thursday, June 11, 2009

News flash

I'm writing again so soon because the student body is abuzz! On Facebook, at least, where we’re all keeping touch from our various summer locations.

Since Elena Kagan stepped down to become Solicitor General, the leadership at HLS has been hard at work to replace her as dean. And today they made their choice:

http://www.law.harvard.edu/news/spotlight/classroom/minow.html

Martha Minow is one of Harvard’s most popular professors, with waitlists in the hundreds for her constitutional and family law classes every semester. And most importantly, she is MY professor for Constitutional Law: Fourteenth Amendment next spring!

My section-mates who made the class are all crossing our fingers that she still decides to teach it. Past deans have continued teaching, but usually just one course at a time, and who knows if we're the one? I'll let you know how it turns outuntil then, prayers welcome!

On a side note, while I was working on this post, Russell showed me the coolest quiz he accessed through CNN.com: "What kind of tech user are you?" The results were spot-on for both of us, so I thought I'd share.

http://pewinternet.org/Participate/What-Kind-of-Tech-User-Are-You.aspx

Enjoy, and wish me luck nabbing a class with the new dean!

2 comments:

Annemarie said...

I hope she's your prof next spring too, Lea! Looks like you've got an exciting summer going on, and again, it was so wonderful to see you for a little while a few weeks ago!
Hugs,
Annemarie

mimi said...

I will be so!!!