Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Eventful days

It's been an eventful couple of days- by summertime Austin standards, at least!

Yesterday, Russell and I got our first serious packing work done: we went through each of our closets together, paring things down substantially. We came up with several big bags to donate and a few more to throw out entirely- it was great knowing we wouldn't have to find room for all those clothes in the closets of our tiny Boston apartment! We even sold a few things at Buffalo Exchange and earned about $18 between us- pretty cool considering they're choosy and only pay 35% of what they'll charge for an item.

Next, we checked off one of our big must-do's: Barton Springs, Austin's own natural spring-fed pool. The water is just as cold as everyone tells you, but you do get used to it. Also, because it was near the end of the day, I think it had been warming up in the sun all afternoon for us. Besides swimming and (Russell) doing some impressive jumps off the diving board, we also just sat around soaking up the Texas sun- we don't have many days of it left!

Today has been pretty productive, too; Russell went in to work for a while (deciding we could use the money even though he was supposed to be done last Friday), I wrapped up some doctors' appointments and other errands I needed to run before the move, and we're both getting back to our packing any moment now. (I also got a flat tire today, but Russell's rescue was so speedy and effective that it barely factors in. My hero!) Then later tonight, my mom is taking us to Chuy's for some last-chance Tex-Mex!

So like I said, it's been an eventful (if maybe not that interesting or exciting) few days, so I thought I'd give you all an update. Love to everyone- especially my dad, aunt Kathy, and uncle Vern whom I'll be seeing in less than a week! Aaah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Lea! It's your beloved look-a-like cousin! How are things going on your end of the world? I'm at a John Mayer concert! Colbie Callait just finished and now they're moving equipment. I get to go to Mirella's christening next weekend, so it'll be cool to see her finally. I'm gonna go now. See you soon!!!!