Saturday, September 27, 2008

Looking up

So I'm worried my last post might have depressed some of you a little (which makes sense, since I was a little depressed when I wrote it.) But things have definitely started looking up since then, and I thought I'd let you guys know.

This Thursday was a bad, crazy, hectic day. Between classes, the first draft of our big memo, copious amounts of Contracts homework, a mandatory panel during lunch, my application to the Tenant Advocacy Project being due, and a training session for the journal I just joined, I was on campus from 8:30 a.m. to nearly 9 p.m. I almost cried at several points there over stupid inconveniences, like when I realized I'd e-mailed myself the wrong file to print and my laptop, which I would need to fix it, was across campus in my locker. All of which, of course, only added to the lovely cocktail of stressful things I mentioned last post.

However (big however), I did manage to survive. And at 1 a.m., as I submitted my memo to the electronic dropbox on our LRW course website, I felt a huge weight lift straight off my shoulders. It was weird, I never would have guessed that completing that one assignment would bring my stress back to a manageable level- but it absolutely did.

So then I had a lovely day today! Contracts, which was doubled today to make up for a future cancellation, was surprisingly bearable; Leg Reg was downright fun. Before I knew it, I was walking home in a cool rain feeling weirdly happy. The 1L Cup I mentioned last post was postponed due to the weather, which while disappointing did allow me a glorious two-hour nap before heading back up to campus to watch tonight's debate with my section. It was a real party with yummy food and great attendance, and afterward a big group of us headed to a nearby bar called the Cambridge Commons. I talked for a long time with some seriously interesting members of our section before heading home, completely exhausted but much happier than when you last heard from me.

So don't worry: there are good days in law school, too! I find it really encouraging that the bad ones can transform so quickly. And since it's way past my bedtime, I'll leave you with that.

No comments: